I went to a beautiful trek last weekend (02/27-03/01) with a group called “Adventura”, an adventure club in Infosys. I spent an exhilarating weekend with a bunch of highly spirited and fun loving people.
• ~10Km one-way to Kodachadri, ~2500ft elevation gain
• ~2KM one-way to the Cave, ~450ft elevation gain
The key highlights of the trip were:
• Positive spirit and enthusiasm created by the Infosys crowd through out the trip
• The beautiful evening swimming in the warm waters of the Arabian Sea while watching the spectacular sunset at the baiyandoor beach.
• The breath taking view of the sun-rise on top of Kodachadari
• Beautiful hike up and down to the Cave (the cave itself was not worth the hike)
• Magnificent view of the clear sky in the night
• Marvelous sounds from all the birds and insects dwelling in the wilderness
• Incredible views of the serene and unruffled landscape
The overall experience was very delightful and pleasant.
From Bangalore take a train to Shimoga.
From Shimoga you have to catch a bus to Kollur or Biyandoor
You have to go to the kodachadari base (start the trek on the jeep trail)
Few Pictures from the trek: